Monday, October 24, 2016

Bones over Horns

The question of the day is thus: Would I pick a different tarot card now that I am more familiar with their traditional meanings?

My original card from the second blog post was the Devil. I already knew that he was often used as a symbol of submitting to one's most baser instincts/temptation. And I definitely took advantage of both the class reading material Tarot for Life by Paul Quinn as well as the little booklet that comes with the deck of tarot cards in order to fully understand the meaning of that card in particular. I knew what that card meant then and I still do presently. The only thing is, I picked out the Devil card randomly and now that I have a choice, I believe that there is a card that is slightly more on track with how I am feeling about myself.

This handsome bag of bones is more like me, I would say. The Death card is more about starting over (slightly positive undertones) and that is exactly what is going on in my life right now. I have left behind parts of myself from when I was younger and I have now moved on to becoming an adult and learning the ways of the responsible grown-up (shudders). And now that I am attending university, that counts as starting over; new lifestyles, new environment, new challenges, and new beginnings. That's right, this girl is making her way through life with a feather in her cap and a string of cadavers behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment