Friday, December 16, 2016

Art Project



I first got the idea to focus on the constellations for my card because of the painting on my roommate's wall. She painted a starry night sky with comets and I found myself staring at it for a solid ten minutes before it hit me that I should use it to my advantage. I got to thinking about how I constantly read my horoscope because I believe that the alignment of the stars are capable of helping us to understand our futures. It only worked out even better for me when I remembered that astronomy was becoming a respected science during the Italian Renaissance and that the Greek Goddess Nix never appeared on any of my Tarot cards.

My aim was to create a card that would actually connect with the Renaissance theme and Greek mythology but still be a credible card that would not seem too out of place. So far, the results are lookin' good.

No comments:

Post a Comment